Sunday, February 27, 2011

New out look

So my last post was very dismal. The next day when I was at the Costco Pharmacy to pick up the expensive drastic drug Lupron, they informed me it would be more then I expected. While I was waiting for them to double check, the Pharmacy assistant talked to me about her issues with endo, she recommended a really great fertility doctor who would give me a sound second opinion. Needless to say I didn't get the drug. But I did go to that fertility doctor this last Tuesday. He said that Lupron is not necessary right now. He has kind of a shotgun approach to infertility, he uses the medical infertility techniques at each of stage of your cycle, to rule out what might be causing the infertility. I just started the first stage with a high dosage of Clomid for the first five days of my cycle. Then I have to give myself a shot of a drug called Bravelle for three days.  On the ninth day of my cycle I have an ultrasound to make sure I am ready for ovulation. Then I take ovulation predictor tests everyday to see when I ovulated. The day I ovulate we do an IUI (Intrauterine Insemination) which means they shot Peter's sperm to the exact Fallopian tube where my egg will be traveling. After the IUI then I do a vaginal Progesterone suppository everyday it insure my uterine lining is nice and thick. After 3 months of this Protocol I will have a clearer understanding of what is not functioning in my cycle.                    

No comments: