Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Infertility update

After months of narrowing down the cause of my infertility, my Dr. has concluded that I have a form of endometriosis which is inside the muscle tissue in my uterus. It makes my uterus impenetrable for a fertilized egg to attach. They can't surgically remove the over active endo muscle tissue without it hurting my uterus. There are only two options; the first is to take a hormone drug called Lupron, it suppresses the hormones that my ovaries produce that cause the endomertiam lining in my uterus to grow for each cycle ( its like forcing my body into menopause). We hope that by not having a cycle for 6 month that would let my uterus heal its self and my open a window for pregnancy.  The next option is to stop the pain by having a hysterectomy. Right now obviously that is not a option if we want to have the slim chance of conceiving.  The hormone drug is very expensive, but is our last hope.So, if anyone wants to donate to the "Save Vanessa's Uterus Fond" that would be amazing.  It is tempting to rip out my uterus and be done with the whole thing to move on with my life. I'm not going to lie this news has hit me really hard, but there is a end in sight and now I know what is wrong.

2 comments:

LeAnn said...

Oh Ness! That is some heavy news! Sending lots of prayers your way! I hope you are able to have the treatment and that it works! Love you tons!

Michelle said...

Even though they say "knowing is half the battle" it still isn't something you want to have to deal with. Hang in there honey; whatever you and Peter choose to do, I hope for the best outcome for you. Loves!