Monday, December 26, 2011

Fertility update
These past 7 month I have been taking/ took the Lupron drug that forces my body into menopause. I never thought that I would be dealing with hot flashes at age 29/30. Aside from the weight gain, mood swings and hot flashes I have really enjoyed this time to recover emotionally from the fertility treatment roller-coaster.  My last Lupron shot was at the end of September, my period was suppose to resume in November now it is the end of  December and I still have not had a real period. I am starting to feel like I will be stuck in menopause, which might not be a bad thing. I wouldn't have to deal with painful periods and I could move on with my life. If and when I get my period we will do one more round of IUI supported with acupuncture. If that doesn't work then on to In-Vitro.
Good news we may have an ideal baby adoption to look forward too, cross your fingers. This maybe the end of our fertility journey. More and more the Lord is helping me understand that no one owns their children, they only have them on loan from Heavenly Father. So it doesn't matter how you receive the blessing of parenthood, be it conventional or unconventional.   I will however grieve over never having the earthly experience of being pregnant, only time and the Atonement will help heal this or maybe it will be a wound that is with me always to remind me of this trail to humility.
I feel so blessed to have gone through this trail. I pray that this will help me be a better parent and I pray that I will never take advantage of having one of God's children in my home.

No comments: